Capgemini is a French multinational company positioning itself as a global leader in consulting, technology services, and digital transformation. The company was founded as the Société pour la Gestion de l’Entreprise et le Traitement de l’Information (Sogeti) in 1967. Seven year later, Sogeti renamed itself as CAP Gemini Sogeti and only in 1996, the company started using its current name for all activities. Capgemini has over 300,000 employees in over 50 countries, with 125,000 of them living in India. The Group reported global revenues of €18 billion in 2021.
In 2014, Capgemini launched its internal RPA program. The company tested 6 leading RPA technologies and compared their capacity to perform simple tasks, such as identifying a company logo and extracting data. Finally, Capgemini decided to partner with UiPath, based on criteria such as the possibility to program remotely and to deploy the robot without developing interfaces with existing applications. In 2021, UiPath recognized Capgemini as a Community Partner of the Year in EMEA.
- On 1 October 1967, Serge Kampf creates Sogeti, an IT services company, in Grenoble, France.
- In 1975, having made two major acquisitions of CAP and Gemini Computer Systems, and following resolution of a dispute with the similarly named CAP UK over the international use of the name ‘CAP’, Sogeti renamed itself as CAP Gemini Sogeti.
- On 12 June 1985, the company is floated on the Paris Stock Exchange.
- The Group adopts a single name and logo for all its activities, Capgemini, in 1996.
- With the acquisition of US-based IGATE in 2015, Capgemini opens a new chapter as North America becomes the region generating the largest share of revenues.
- In 2021, Capgemini achieved the last position in the Leaders group of the Intelligent Process Automation Solutions PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2021.