Founded in 1981, Infosys is an Indian IT company that provides business consulting, information technology and outsourcing services. In 1999, Infosys became the first Indian company to be listed on Nasdaq.
In July 2014, Infosys started a product subsidiary called EdgeVerve Systems, focusing on enterprise software products for business operations, customer service, procurement and commerce network domains. Infosys’ suite of RPA solutions leverages AssistEdge, a proprietary solution of its subsidiary EdgeVerve Systems, and industry-leading RPA platforms such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism for automation of enterprise tasks.
- Infosys was founded by seven engineers in Pune, Maharashtra, India with an initial capital of $250 in 1981.
- Its initial public offering (IPO) was floated in February 1993.
- Infosys’ annual revenue reached US$100 million in 1999, US$1 billion in 2004 and US$10 billion in 2017.
- Infosys is the second-largest Indian IT company after Tata Consultancy Services by 2020.
- In 2021, the company was positioned as a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data and Analytics Services and as a Major Contender on the Intelligent Process Automation Solutions PEAK Matrix® Assessment of Everest Group.