In this demo, you’ll see how RPA is helping to streamline Oracle accounts receivable invoices and receipts write-off process. It is a highly repetitive process that required the attention of two full-time employees, spending 2.5 hours a week to manually write off 8-9 thousand receipts and invoices in Oracle for each business unit on a monthly basis. Let’s learn all the steps of how this process is now being automated end to end.
- The bot starts by logging into the Google Drive desktop application to locate and open the BU (watch the video) Aging Report with the list of receipts and invoices to write off. It will start with the top receipt and work its way to the bottom.
- Once it collects the first receipt ID to write off, it will open a web browser and navigate to Oracle’s accounts receivable module to write off the receipts it pulled from the report.
- It then searches the receipt ID or transaction number in Oracle and pulls it up before it proceeds with the create write-off process, cross-checking the data from the BU Aging Report with what’s displayed in Oracle. It will repeat the above steps for each remaining receipt in the list to write off.
- For invoice write-offs, it repeats the same steps by navigating to the collections page in Oracle to search for the invoice and process the write-off.
- If there are any errors or data discrepancies, the bot comes across, it will update a log report, select an error status and notate the reasoning and issue summary.
- It will also send any escalation emails to the process team members to report issues where human intervention is required.
- The bot is now able to cut the write-off request processing time in half while running unattended in the background.
By automating this crucial accounting process, Roboyo helped save 120 hours of manual work per year, which is projected to cover any increase in the volume of write-offs as it evolves through time and process optimization. The automation also helps optimize operational efficiency, reduce human errors, ensure 100% data accuracy and free up valuable human resources to focus on higher-value and strategic work.