PricewaterhouseCoopers is a network of firms in 155 countries with over 284,000 people operating as partnerships under the PwC brand. They are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory, and tax services. PwC is considered one of the Big Four accounting firms, along with Deloitte, EY, and KPMG. The firm in its present form was created in 1998 by a merger between two accounting firms: Coopers & Lybrand, and Price Waterhouse. The trading name was shortened to PwC (stylized pwc) in September 2010.
PwC partners with several leading RPA vendors. For instance, its joint solutions with Automation Anywhere help improve business outcomes like customer satisfaction or finance reporting. As for another leader in the RPA industry, UiPath, it recognized PwC with the Global Innovation Partner Award 2021 for developing and taking to market new products and solutions built around the UiPath platform.
- The firm was created in September 1998 when Coopers & Lybrand merged with Price Waterhouse. They both were founded in London, England, in 1854 and 1849 respectively.
- PwC sold the entire consultancy business to IBM for approximately $3.5 billion in cash and stock in 2002.
- In 2010, Gartner recognized PwC with a Top Rating for Financial Consulting.
- In 2014, Google announced its partnership with PwC to drive cloud adoption among businesses. Partnering with Google is part of PwC’s decision to begin to move its own business to the cloud.
- Two years later, the company, in partnership with Coursera, launched an on-line five-course educational platform called “Data Analysis and Presentation Skills”.
- In November 2017, PwC accepted bitcoin as payment for advisory services, the first time the company, or any of the Big Four accounting firms, accepted virtual currency as payment.
- In February 2020, PwC announced a new collaboration with technology firm ThoughtRiver to launch AI-driven LawTech products aimed at standardizing PwC’s service of UK law clients.
- Everest Group recognized PwC as a Major Contender on the Intelligent Process Automation Solutions PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2021.