United Bank Limited (UBL) is a Pakistani multinational commercial bank that is a subsidiary of British company Bestway Group. It is based in Karachi, Pakistan. Here is how UBL, following the legacy of being a progressive and innovative bank and understanding the evolving needs of today’s customers, uses RPA for Card processing.
At the start of the day, the bot enters its credentials to log into Obiee. Once the report is generated, it is then downloaded into the system for further processing. The bot then logs into the centralized account processing system in order to download the signature specimen cards captured against each account.
The downloaded signature specimen cards are then saved in a folder for due processing. Then the bot runs a program to convert signature specimen card files into .jpg format in order to use the same in the core banking system. Once this activity is completed, the bot logs into the Symbols Maker ID and begins attaching the signature specimen cards on the client’s profile. After the signature specimen card attachment, the same activity is supervised by using the Symbols Checker ID. Once the assigned job is completed, the bot sends an email to all the stakeholders.
- All SS cards are scanned manually
- 3 supervisors + 5 processors needed
- The approximate processing and supervision speed – 80 sec.
- On average, 375 cards processed in working hours
- Half cards are scanned by Bot
- 2 supervisors + 3 processors needed
- The approximate processing and supervision speed – 60 sec.
- On average, 1200 cards processed in 24 hours