Shop Direct (nowadays named The Very Group), one of the largest E-Commerce company in the UK, has used Blue Prism’s “self service” robotic automation technology platform to achieve significant improvements in key back-office processes:
The Group has an ongoing goal to make its back-office and customer-facing functions more efficient and effective. This means seeking to automate back-office processes, where feasible, to reduce cost, increase timeliness and enhance the simplicity of its operations, whilst also ensuring that customer service is at the forefront of all that they do.
What they managed to achieve is the following:
- Reduced pressure on stretched IT resources
- Significant reduction in FTE requirement to administer manual processes
- Improvement in accuracy and ‘right-first-time’ processing
- Rapid response to delivery against tight deadlines
- Ability to access core applications that were either technically or commercially too difficult to reach
- No changes or operational impact on existing systems
- Project delivered on time and to budget
In this video, you can find a few other details related to this case study.