Servicetrace has been developing innovative Robotic Solutions since 2004. Servicetrace’s patented technology and forward-thinking solutions are trusted by global players across industries, including many of the 2,000 largest companies in Europe. In 2004, Servicetrace was one of the first companies to start developing software robots and solutions for process automation. Market analysts including Gartner and Forrester rate the German automation company among the top global suppliers of RPA. Salesforce acquired the company in 2021.
Servicetrace developed the RPA platform XceleratorOne (X1) to guarantee the success of customers’ automation. The company claims that X1 is the most comprehensive RPA platform that lets users plan, implement, operate, and scale RPA – while controlling it centrally.
- The German Startup Servicetrace was founded by Markus Duus in 2004.
- By 2010, the company already had a complete no-code solution for building automation.
- According to Markus Duus, Servicetrace entered the RPA market in 2016.
- In 2020, Gartner put Servicetrace in its RPA Magic Quadrant as a visionary.
- Since September 2021, the former Servicetrace GmbH has operated as a Salesforce company and takes the next step on the “Automation Journey” by merging with the leading API platform provider MuleSoft.