Yesterday, at UiPath DevCon, the leading enterprise automation software company UiPath unveiled its State of the RPA Developer Report 2021 which offers detailed insights into the emerging RPA developer career path. The report states that despite a global pandemic, the industry sees not only continued satisfaction but increased optimism for this growing field.
The results in this report are from an online survey of 1,011 RPA professionals interviewed by UiPath via organic email and social media from April 5 – 26, 2021
Their job titles included:
• RPA developers (63%)
• RPA consultant(9%)
• RPA lead/manager/director(9%)
• Solution architect (6%)
• RPA specialist(5%)
• Student (5%)
• Business analyst(3%)
THREE KEY FINDINGS
1. RPA is a fast-growing and desirable field that is relatively easy to transition into.
- The vast majority (92%) of RPA developers think the RPA industry has a high potential for growth over the next 5 years.
- 77% expect their organization will hire more RPA developers in the next 12 months up from 70% last year.
- 2/3 of RPA developers come from other professional fields, most commonly software development.
2. RPA is a diverse software development field.
- 59% of RPA developers think RPA is more diverse than other software development fields.
- 20% of the RPA developers who responded are women and half are over the age of 30.
- 52% of RPA developers have at least 5 years of work experience.
- 31% have at least 11 years of experience.
3. RPA developers report a high (and increasing) level of job satisfaction.
- 97% of RPA developers report being satisfied with their careers.
- 63% of RPA developers report being very satisfied, up from 51% last year.
- 84% of RPA developers feel valued by their organization, up from 80% last year.
- 88% think their job as an RPA developer will have a positive impact on their next career move compared to 83% last year.
You can get your free copy of the report here.