A multinational IT services and consulting company, Cognizant was founded as an in-house technology unit of Dun & Bradstreet, an American provider of commercial data, analytics, and insights for businesses, in 1994. After a period of the unprecedented growth during the 2000s, Cognizant became a Fortune 500 company in 2011.
The leading RPA vendor, UiPath, recognized Cognizant as a Global Growth Partner 2021 for its efforts in shifting to intelligent automation by leveraging UiPath’s platform and products such as Process Mining, Task Mining, Document Understanding & AI Center, and Testing Suite with a focus on solutions and capabilities for scaling client’s automation programs.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited, initially started as “Tata Computer Systems” was founded in 1968.
- On 25 August 2004, TCS became a publicly listed company.
- On 8 October 2020, TCS surpassed Accenture in market capitalization to become the world’s most-valuable IT company, with a market cap of $144.73 billion.
- In 2021, TCS became India’s most valuable company, with a market cap of more than $160 billion.
- In the same year, Everest Group included TCS in the Leaders group of its Intelligent Process Automation Solutions PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2021.