UiPath’s Most Valuable Professional (MVP) Award is the highest recognition to its community members for their outstanding contribution, innovation, and evangelism shown in the larger automation community. Meet two UiPath MVPs 2021, Nisarg Kadam, Senior Consultant at WonderBotz, and Sishira Mishra, Automation Architect at HP.
Kadam’s RPA journey started in 2018 when he learned from the UiPath Academy. Today, he strives to give back the information he learned over the years to the community by helping ensure that everyone knows how to utilize the product and scale the automation beyond what they have imagined. In order to reach more people, Kadam has started a YouTube channel through which he has shared 131 videos to date, with over 340,000 views and 5,300 subscribers.
Mishra’s RPA journey started in 2015, working with several vendors when the focus was more on unattended automation with a classic RPA approach. This journey has shifted to cognitive RPA over the years with an increased focus on enabling digital transformation.
Let’s learn a few insights from the two UiPath MVPs given by them in an email interaction:
- The RPA industry is growing rapidly, and with this, the scope of automation is increasing beyond our imagination. I have learned a lot in less than four years but I still feel that I know very little about this industry and have so much more to learn. This shows how huge this industry has become.
- With cloud deployment becoming a trend, RPA will have a significant role in ERP automation, providing processed and less complex data directly from the ERP, thereby improving customer experience.
- Automation’s applications are diverse. For example, we can work on assigning tickets on ‘Service Now’ using ‘English Text classification model,’ predict brain stroke using ‘TPOT auto ML classification model,’ or build a slack channel chatbot for foreign languages using ‘Language detection’ and ‘language translation’ ML model.
- The UiPath Community is one of the best as it helps with a lot of support, knowledge, tips, insights, tricks, techniques, codes, ready-made workflows, best practices, hackathon opportunities, job opportunities, career guidance, internship opportunities, use-case repositories, templates, presentations, live sessions, one-on-one with experts, and others.
- AI in RPA is the next era in the automation industry. Robots need to go above the rule-based model to a self-decision-making model to enable more value-added work and benefits. However, this is only possible when artificial intelligence is combined with RPA. With this, in the future, we will be able to move away from traditional RPA to a cognitive RPA.
- With UiPath Academy and UiPath Forum, everything is available for free and at an industry-standard level. Every user can be part of the community, receive access to all UiPath products, learn using video-based training, and receive support from the forum.
- There are several initiatives one can be a part of, such as joining the UiPath Academy to learn UiPath Products and technology and the UiPath Forum to communicate and collaborate over issues or concerns and updates on UiPath products. In addition, one can also connect to UiPath MVPs, become an RPA Associate, or receive a UiPath Certified Advanced RPA Developer (UiARD) certification, and find a mentor using the UiPath mentorship program.
- To strengthen your basic knowledge and acquaint yourself with RPA technologies, we recommend completing the RPA developer foundation course from academy.uipath.com.
- Learn basic development concepts and complete RPA Associate or the UiPath Certified Advanced RPA Developer (UiARD) certification.
- Try not to stress too much regarding your performance during the initial days and focus on learning from experience and practical learning. Practice more, explore UiPath Go’s reusable library, and be ready to consume automation. Sufficient hands-on experience can help you talk about development during an interview.
- It is advisable to be active on the UiPath Forum as we learn from others and receive help with our queries. There are also several documents available to us to understand in depth about any product and use-cases, challenges, and hackathons open throughout the community forum.
- Join community events. Hackathons are the best way to grow knowledge and learn from others, and we strongly recommend participating in every hackathon.
- Use developer best practices from an RPA perspective and apply them when giving practical demos in an interview or during work development. Having an RPA developer best practice skillset will always keep you one step ahead in your journey in the long run. It will help you to become a better solution architect and manage delivery in the future.