The IDC APJ Automation Survey 2022, commissioned by UiPath, was conducted between February and March 2022. It surveyed 350 organizations with 1,000 or more employee size, across Australia, China, Indonesia, India, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea and Thailand. Today, UiPath has shared all the results of this report. The survey findings include:
- 62% of the organizations in Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) will scale up their robotic process automation initiatives or achieve an enterprise-wide RPA deployment.
- 91% of the organizations do not have enterprise-wide RPA deployment in place today, despite recognizing the importance and benefits.
- 86% of the organizations in APJ agree that automation will be a critical requirement for business excellence, customer experience, and competitive success within the next 3 years.
- The top three business priorities for implementing automation include improving operational efficiencies (63%), streamlining processes (56%) as well as digitizing processes and workflows (48%).
- 32% of APJ respondents acknowledging that their CIOs and CTOs are leading the automation drive towards enterprise-wide adoption.
- Over 30% of the APJ organizations will automate ESG and sustainability use cases next, an increase from 13% in 2022.
- Today, over 90% of organizations in Australia, Singapore, Japan, South Korea and China underscore their shifting focus toward Intelligent Process Automation (IPA).
- In the next 3 years, 59% of the APJ organizations will use IPA in over 20% of the total deployments.
- The talent crunch has become a significant business challenge, as many APJ organizations point to the shortage of automation skills and talent (59%) as the top challenge they face in scaling automation.
For more information, please download the IDC APJ Automation Survey 2022 here.