UiPath is a global software company, the leading robotic process automation (RPA) software vendor. It was founded in Bucharest, Romania, by Daniel Dines and Marius Tîrcă in 2005. Now it is headquartered in New York City and serves customers from various industries across the globe. With its 4000+ employees, UiPath generates annual revenue of over $600M. The company went public on the New York Stock Exchange on April 21, 2021.
Tackle a whole new set of use cases by incorporating AI and machine learning (ML) models into your automations with the help of UiPath AI Center. Pre-built models, AI solution templates, multiple deployment options, and a drag-and-drop interface make it fast and easy—even if you’re not a data scientist.
When an automation includes decisions that a human should make—like approvals, escalations, and exceptions—UiPath Action Center makes it easy and efficient to hand off the process from robot to human. And back again.
Your awesome automations deserve a user-friendly app interface. Create low-code apps to connect all your browser tabs and legacy software, even if they don’t have APIs. Build apps in a snap, deploy with a click, and give your automations a UX-friendly home.
UiPath Assistant is a personal digital assistant for every employee. It gives everyday individuals easy access to selected automations that help them with their day-to-day tasks. It lets automation leaders manage, distribute, and govern automation centrally. And it lifts automation impact to new heights across the entire enterprise.
Centrally manage your automation opportunities pipeline and turn great ideas from anyone into great automations for everyone—with effective prioritization, faster implementation, and the impact you can measure.
Ditch the data silos, the security concerns, and one-off data schemas. And give developers simple, easy, productive access to the data, variables, and tools they need across the entire UiPath Platform.
Wouldn’t it be great if software robots could understand documents? To extract, interpret, and process data for you, even from PDFs, images, handwriting, and scans? UiPath Document Understanding helps your robots do just that. Delegate more of your digital paperwork with a boost from AI.
UiPath Insights is an RPA analytics solution that enables your business to track, measure, and manage the performance of your entire automation program—so you can scale your automation journey to the next level.
Use the data from your business applications (like ERP and CRM) to give you a detailed understanding of complex business processes. You’ll know what to automate and how to do it best—and be able to prove impact, too.
With StudioX, business users get a no-code platform to automate their tasks. Companies have the governance they need. Everyone benefits from more robots doing the repetitive, boring parts of work.
Test Manager makes it easier and faster to plan, design, build, run, and manage automated testing for every group. And it’s available in the cloud or on-premises.
UiPath Task Capture accelerates business process documentation by recording your regular workflows in detail. Your auto-generated process maps will be ready to share—and for RPA or Citizen Developers to start automating.
UiPath Task Mining automatically identifies and aggregates employee workflows, then applies AI to help you identify repetitive tasks and process variations. You’ll know how work gets done and what to improve—while accelerating your automation pipeline.
UiPath offers different solutions for your business:
UiPath case studies
Robotic Process Automation, Business Process Automation Software, SAP Automation, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Automation, Process Mining, Automation Cloud, Automation Software, AI, OCR, Document Understanding, and Machine Learning.
UiPath latest news
- UiPath was founded in 2005 in Bucharest, Romania, as DeskOver, by Romanian entrepreneurs Daniel Dines and Marius Tîrcă.
- In 2013, the company released the first UiPath Desktop Automation product line, which gave companies RPA tools to automate manual and repetitive back-office tasks.
- In 2015, the company changed its name to UiPath. Also, in 2015, after receiving seed funding from Accel Partners and earlier investors, the company opened offices in London, New York City, Bangalore, Paris, Singapore, Washington, D.C., and Tokyo.
- By April 2016, the company had released its Front Office and Back Office Server suites and released its Studio Community Edition. Within six months, the company had 10,000 active members and more than 250 enterprise customers.
- In 2017, UiPath reported 590 employees and moved its headquarters to New York to be closer to its international customer base.
- In June 2019, research firm Gartner announced that from 2017 to 2018, UiPath moved from #5 to #1 in RPA market share. In September, UiPath was ranked #3 on the Forbes Cloud 100. The company was the featured cover story of the September 30, 2019, Forbes print edition with UiPath CEO Daniel Dines called “Boss of the Bots.”
- In October 2019, UiPath announced the acquisition of Ukrainian process documentation company StepShot and Dutch-process mining company ProcessGold. Also, in October, the company announced UiPath Explorer, a new product using technology from the acquired companies; a robot communication tool called UiPath Apps; a low code robot programming tool called UiPath StudioX; an embedded analytics tool called UiPath Insights; and UiPath Connect, a device that allowed every employee to find new processes to automate.
- In November of the same year, the company reported 5,000 customers worldwide and a developer community of more than 500,000 people. In November, the company was ranked first in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
- In April 2020, UiPath was named the top tech company and #2 overall in the Financial Times FT1000 ranking of Americas’ fastest-growing companies 2020. In June, UiPath was named to the CNBC 2020 Disruptor 50 ranking. In September, UiPath was ranked #3 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the second consecutive year. On December 17, Bloomberg reported that UiPath filed confidentially for an initial public offering (IPO).
- In April 2021, UiPath raised $1.3 billion in an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange in one of the largest US software IPOs in history.